Tuesday 1 March 2011

school ruuuunnn!!!!!

Hi, all back to school today after an initially busy half term, didn't take long to get back into the swing of things. You know, the running manically out of the door, searching frantically for shoes, p.e kits, book bags, lunch boxes and reading records.....x3!!

No, not that bad really, I'm really quite an organised person, trouble is my children aren't, so however much I can do in advance, it all goes to pot if any of them (or all ) decide this is the morning they'll have a lie in, or take a leisurely breakfast!

Here comes the counting/bribery again... "If you haven't got your shoes/coat/ gloves (still freezing in March) on by the time I count to 5, then there'll be no show & tell, or tv after school etc. Although this threat has to be the final one as tv is sometimes chilling time whilst I prepare tea for everyone, so I have to be pretty late to threaten that gem!!

Once out the door, laden down with it feels, all our possesions, the walk to school generally takes around 20 minutes, but can be reduced if we take the scooters and meet up on the way with various school buddies, also using the same mode of transport with frantic parents trying to catch up with either a dog or small person in tow!!

I'ts good to get back to 'normal'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment