Thursday 24 February 2011

half term hoolies.

Hi, spent a fun and busy day in London this week with all three smalls. I reckoned it could've gone one of two ways; horrendous, due to the fact that it was well, London, in half term or, as it did, really well. (Thankfully).For the week preceeding I was using the day out as a bargaining tool to get the children to behave well. I had to be carefull though, as doing this can sometimes not  work out quite as well as it did. I knew that if I threatened not to take them due to hooligan behaviour, then I would not be able to take them. Period. Once a threat like that has been made then it's not retracted in our house, sounds really mean I know, but if they know I'm not serious then they take no notice and we get nowhere!!

It worked a treat and we had a lovely family day out, the hoolies behaved and we got tradionally lost  on the underground!! We even managed to nudge some adults out of the way to watch the shark feed! Why these adults stroll aimlessley around a predominantly child orientated attraction in half term is beyond me!?
We finally found the restaurant we had set out to invade and the girls managed to cover their entire little gorgeous faces with the most redest, unwashable pasta sauce in the whole of our capital City!! At least it was the end of the day and we only had confussed,sideways glances from harrased commuters, no doubt on their way home to their own little zoos!!

Aaaarrrrrrrr, I just love half term!

1 comment:

  1. You must have it all under control, I have to ask my kids 5 times to do anything! Let alone take them to London on the Tube.......why don't they listen to me ???

    ReplyDelete