Thursday 14 April 2011

History and hoolies!!

Hi. Well here we are again, the holidays.yippee!! the children only seem to be at school for a few days when they break up again, ho hum..We decided we would brave the lovely(?) British Spring weather and take a trip out. We ended up at Hampton Court palace, In leafy Surry, 3/4 of the way round the M25. I bit the bullet, relented and took a personal dvd player for the journey, with my boy in the middle, precariously balancing it so his sisters who sat either side could also watch. I don't usually agree to electronic entertainment, instead preffering to play I-spy,red car, blue car, spot the sheep and so on, but the thought of sitting in an endless traffic jam with 3 hungry , ( picnic in the boot, D'oh!) excited, bouncy small ones made me relent. What a good call!! The journey was peaceful and we all arrived with excited smiles on our faces to the very grand home of the noble King Henry V111.

Once we'd have enough of living in Royal Tudor England we decided to see what else we could poke and play with.There was a small indoor play area, (adjacent to the gents toilets nice,) in which the girls tripped over themselves to get to which had 2 rather bouncy, noisy 6 year old boys shouting and throwing various balls around in it. My nanny/mummy training was tested with their rather distressed looking Granny who had, obviously had enough for one day. If she asked them once to get out of the ball pool, she must have asked 20 times, sadly, the request fell on deaf ears as the boys continued to shout and be complete hooligans. When a ball flew past my daughters' ear at warp speed, it took all my resolve not to wade straight in there and remove the little horrors myself.
I did feel for poor Granny though, she obviously does not carry out her threats, as they took no notice of her, but , of course, being British, I said nothing and just sighed with relief when they finally left! I think the threat of King Henrys' henchmen with their swords scared them off. Hurrah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment